Insurance for Nutrition Therapy
Your insurance policy may cover your visits!
Did you know that many health insurance companies cover nutritional counseling? This is true even if you don’t have a diagnosis but still want to come in for counseling for the prevention of disease.
BEFORE your visit, please call your insurance company and ask:
- Is nutrition counseling covered? (the procedure codes are 97802 and 97803)
- Will my diagnosis be covered? (if asked, the ICD 10 code is Z71.3)
- Do I need a referral or prior authorization?
- How many visits are covered?
- Do I have a deductible to meet before insurance pays?
- Will I have a copay or coinsurance?
Write down the date and reference number for your call.
Currently In-network with:
Out-of-network benefits apply to all other plans.